Awesome job everyone in the first WOD of the CrossFit Open this year! It was very motivating to see everyone come together, cheer each other on, and do such a great job! Be sure to check out the following link, and check out the leader board. You’ll see our team, and some of our members at the top in the Region and World!! http://games.crossfit.com/
For today’s Benchmark Monday we’ll be doing “The Other CrossFit Total”. So we’re mixing it up compared to the regular CrossFit total, which includes 1RM of shoulder press, deadlift, and back squat.
“The Other CrossFit Total”
Find your 1-Rep max of:
- Clean (Power or Squat)
- Bench Press
- Overhead Squat
You score is the combined weight in pounds of all three lifts.
Here are some basic precautions that need to be followed for safety:
Anyone in a position to attempt a legitimate CrossFit Total should be familiar enough with their capabilities on the lifts to have a fairly good idea of just what might be possible for a one-rep max.
1) Don’t be stupid. Don’t total if you’re injured to the extent that a total will aggravate the problem. This will cost you in at least training time, and possibly time off of work if you’re ultra-stupid.
2) Don’t be greedy. Learn to recognize the difference between greed and ambition, and be merely ambitious.
3) Don’t be pig-headed. If your first attempt tells you that you need to lower your second, do so, without a misplaced sense of diminished self-worth. It’s a test, and it’s designed to measure what’s there, not create something that’s not. That’s what training is for.
Now lets have some fun! 3, 2, 1, GO!! Burpee Challenge Day: 58
Optional 10-Minute Core Crusher WOD for after “The Other CF Total”:
Complete 4 Rounds of Tabata for each of:
- Bicycle Sit-Ups
- Weighted Sit-Ups (slam ball or med ball)
- Ice Creams (slam ball or med ball)
- Strict Knees to Elbows/Chest/L-sit (no kipping nice and controlled)